THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND PUERTO RICO ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR PUERTO RICO AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
CHEETOS® GIVE THE BUNNY A BREAK (“PROMOTION”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of participation. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three  months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Promotion).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Central Time (“CT”) on February 25, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on April 21, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). The time clock of the Promotion administrator is the official clock for this Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
(a) WEB SITE: During the Promotion Period, purchase any specially-marked bag of Cheetos. Scan the Snapcode on the back of the specially-marked Cheetos bag and follow the instructions in the Snapchat App to play the “Give the Bunny a Break” game. Successfully complete the game by reaching the spotted egg at the finish line and you will be re-directed to a Cheetos website (“Web Site”) to register for the random drawing. Create an account or login (if you’ve already created an account) and you will receive one (1) entry into the random drawing. To create an account, you will be required to enter your first name, last name, date of birth, email address, and zip code for subsequent visits, read these Official Rules (or have the Official Rules read to you) and place a checkmark in the box indicating that you agree to these Official Rules.
Valid email address required to participate via this method. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. In the event of an identity dispute of a participant entering the Promotion via this entry method, the entry will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address associated with the account used for submitting an entry. “Registered owner” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Data rates may apply if using your wireless service provider’s network. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
(b) MAIL-IN: To receive one (1) entry into the random drawing without making a purchase and playing the game (as described above), hand print your first and last name, complete street address, daytime phone number, date of birth, and email address on a 3” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place your entry into an outer-mailing envelope with proper postage affixed and mail it to: Cheetos Give the Bunny a Break, PO Box 650023, Dept. 881-770, El Paso, TX 88565-0023. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 22, 2019 and received by April 29, 2019. Limit one (1) entry per stamped-outer envelope. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Limit three (3) entries per person/email address/mailing address per day, regardless of entry method. A “day” is defined as the twenty-four (24) hours between 12:00:00 a.m. CT and 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day with the exception of the first day of the Promotion Period which shall begin at 12:00:00 p.m. CT and end at 11:59:59 p.m. CT of the same day.
Each submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual participant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. Additionally, use of multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses, and/or the manipulation of such information, for the purpose of obtaining more than the stated number of entries, is prohibited and such persons will be disqualified, all entries will be deemed invalid and prize won shall be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: The potential winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about April 30, 2019 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging organization whose decisions shall be final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) Prize: $100,000, awarded in the form of a check or wire transfer, payable to winner.
Sponsor reserves the right to require that the potential winner submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The background check may include the review of a potential winner’s social media accounts. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner based on the results of his/her background check.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties or their respective agencies for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, unintelligible or undelivered mail or entries. No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Promotion or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Promotion. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Promotion: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Promotion, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Promotion, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of the Web Site used in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment or mobile device resulting from participation in the Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by email, mail and/or phone and will be required to respond to notification within seventy-two (72) hours (indicating whether he/she can accept the prize) or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected. Potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) calendar days of prize notification. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in participant's email or mailing address. If (a) potential winner does not respond to the initial notification within seventy-two (72) hours; (b) required documents are not returned within the required number of days, (c) potential winner cannot be verified, (d) potential winner is found to be ineligible for any reason; or (e) potential winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If the prize is won by an eligible participant who is a minor in his or her state of residence, it shall be awarded to a minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents as stated herein. Prize will be awarded within four (4) weeks of the Promotion end date.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Promotion, participants (and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) if participants are minors) agree (a) to release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant's participation in the Promotion; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. By accepting the prize, recipient (and his/her parent or legal guardian if recipient is a minor) (a) agrees that Sponsor and Promotion Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Promotion; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements, and biographical information at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Promotion or portion of a prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on prize. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize. No substitution of prize is offered, except as stated in these Official Rules or at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. If the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the process of submitting an entry, and (b) cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and Puerto Rico and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Collin or Dallas Counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 31, 2019 to: Cheetos Give the Bunny a Break Promotion Winner's List, 10 South 5th Street, 7th Floor, Dept. 881-770, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
11. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
© 2019 Frito-Lay North America, Inc.